How to Become an SEO Expert
Just about every business owner or website owner now has heard of it. SEO – also known as search engine optimization. What a lot of people don’t know is how to obtain and achieve your goals in optimizing your website for SEO, let alone having the expertise that an SEO pro, like Decrypted SEO Expert, may have. Anyone can do SEO, it’s all about time it takes to do it, which is the most common reason why many companies still hire a company or digital marketing agency. But in this guide, we’re going to show you how to become an SEO expert. Who knows? Maybe you can become an SEO professional yourself someday!
What Makes an SEO Expert?
Literally, everyone should be an SEO expert. Why? Because even if you’re business isn’t SEO, you can greatly benefit from it. Knowing the ups and downs on bringing more and more traffic to you or your clients’ websites above competitors can greatly affect what people think of your company in an online persona, rather than just solely going by word of mouth (and reviews).
Most importantly, reputation online is a key factor, and there are numerous things called “white hat SEO practices” that involve things that are more complex than just building backlinks (although these are extremely important too) or keyword optimization. Every little bit of content needs to be of extremely high quality, and this is what search engines are programmed to look for.
An SEO expert is merely someone who knows how search engines work and know how to apply practices in order to increase websites rankings on a search engine as well. Now let’s get into some things you need to learn in order to become a true SEO master.
- Know the ins and outs on how search engines really operate.
- Know basic digital marketing and search engine protocols.
- Know what SEO really means. It’s more than keywords. You need to know every area.
- Gain knowledge and experience in various types of SEO. This includes technical SEO that is beyond on-page and off-page (link building) practices.
- Choose the right method to learn. You want the best course out there to help guide you.
- SEO changes just like code languages, and websites do frequently.
- Know how to optimize content and get the right programs to help with your SEO projects.
- Once you get a basic knowledge, start learning how to train other people to perform SEO.
This helps you gain more experience as well.
- Don’t expect search results overnight.
- Network with other SEO experts and help each other out.
This, of course, isn’t all. Every single one category in the top 10 list here has numerous amounts of detail involved when it comes to becoming a true SEO expert. Not only that, you want to make sure that you learn the ins and outs of business as well, as it will help you understand when shortcomings happen, and how to bounce back from them well. Take it easy, and you can learn to become an SEO expert in no time.