What is OCI connect?
What is OCI connect?
Oracle Database Programming Interface for C (ODPI-C) is a new open source library of C code that simplifies the use of common Oracle Call Interface features for Oracle Database drivers and user applications. ODPI-C is a thin layer on top of Oracle Call Interface and requires Oracle client libraries.
How do I connect to an existing Oracle Database?
To connect to Oracle Database from SQL*Plus:
- If you are on a Windows system, display a Windows command prompt.
- At the command prompt, type sqlplus and press the key Enter. SQL*Plus starts and prompts you for your user name.
- Type your user name and press the key Enter.
- Type your password and press the key Enter.
How do I connect to Oracle Database in terminal?
Do the following steps to start SQL*Plus and connect to the default database:
- Open a UNIX terminal.
- At the command-line prompt, enter the SQL*Plus command in the form: $> sqlplus.
- When prompted, enter your Oracle9i username and password.
- SQL*Plus starts and connects to the default database.
How do I connect to Oracle DBA?
Click Start, select Programs (or All Programs), then Oracle – HOME_NAME, then Application Development, and then SQL*Plus. When prompted, enter the user name and password for the account to use to connect to the database.
How do I connect to OCI database?
Setup the OCI connection [top]
- Get the following information: username: Login user name for the Oracle server.
- Create the TNS Alias OCI configuration entry: The content of tnsnames.
- Create the sqlnet. ora OCI configuration file:
- Using a tns_alias string in Iguana Translator: Use the db.
- For example tns_alias “orcl-db”:
What is OCI at Oracle?
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is a deep and broad platform of public cloud services that enables customers to build and run a wide range of applications in a scalable, secure, highly available, and high-performance environment.
How do I open Oracle database?
To start or shut down Oracle Database:
- Go to your Oracle Database server.
- Start SQL*Plus at the command prompt: C:\> sqlplus /NOLOG.
- Connect to Oracle Database with username SYSDBA: SQL> CONNECT / AS SYSDBA.
- To start a database, enter: SQL> STARTUP [PFILE=path\filename]
- To stop a database, enter: SQL> SHUTDOWN [mode]
How does SQL Developer connect to OCI database?
Make SQL Net connection using SSH connection. Connection Name : Give any Connection Name . Username : System or any user you want to connect. Password: In case of OCI Cloud Database , System password will be same as admin password.
How do I connect to Oracle Cloud?
In the Category pane, expand Connection, expand SSH, and then click Auth. Click Browse, and then select your . ppk private key file. Click Open to start the session….In the Category pane, select Session and enter the following:
- Host Name (or IP address): @
- Port: 22.
- Connection type: SSH.
Is Oracle Cloud IaaS or PaaS?
Oracle Cloud provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Data as a Service (DaaS). These services are used to build, deploy, integrate, and extend applications in the cloud.
Why did Oracle build OCI like they did?
OCI was designed for how enterprises actually use the cloud, with low network egress costs, competitive compute shapes and high performance storage services at market leading pricing.
How can I use PHP with Oracle Database?
This section of the tutorial shows how to use the PHP OCI8 extension directly with Oracle Database. Using the OCI8 extension directly gives programmers maximum control over application performance. To create a connection to Oracle that can be used for the lifetime of the PHP script, perform the following steps. 1 .
What’s the best way to connect to an Oracle Database?
The recommended method for connecting PHP applications to Oracle Databases is using Zend Sever. The Zend Server is an Oracle enabled enterprise ready web application server for running and managing PHP applications on both Linux and Windows platforms.
How do I connect to an Oracle instance in PHP?
Contains the Oracle instance to connect to. It can be an » Easy Connect string, or a Connect Name from the tnsnames.ora file, or the name of a local Oracle instance. If not specified, PHP uses environment variables such as TWO_TASK (on Linux) or LOCAL (on Windows) and ORACLE_SID to determine the Oracle instance to connect to.
Which is the Easy Connect string for PHP?
To use the Easy Connect naming method, PHP must be linked with Oracle 10 g or greater Client libraries. The Easy Connect string for Oracle 10 g is of the form: host_name [:port] service_name]. From Oracle 11 g, the syntax is: [/host_name [:port] service_name] [:server_type] [/instance_name] .