Make a Promise. Make a Difference. | Convention 2012
Delta Zeta Foundation helped celebrate the Sorority's 50th National Convention themed, "Make a Promise. Make a Difference." by presenting Delta Zeta with a grant for $180,000 – a grant made possible because of alumnae support of the Foundation's Annual Campaign. Michelle Albrecht Smith, Alpha Chi, University of California/Los Angeles, National President, accepted the grant saying, "Delta Zeta needs your support, and this grant provides much needed funding for many of Delta Zeta's educational and leadership programs. Thank you so much."
The Delta Zeta Rose Garden celebrated our wonderful DZ Sisterhood by encouraging members to make $5 donations in honor of a DZ sister, their chapter or alumnae chapter. The online feature allowed members from all over the world to participate and, of course, the Rose Garden was in full bloom by the time we reached Convention, where members added their roses to our growing garden.
$20,985 was donated in all, celebrating thousands of sisters and chapters. This total included special challenge gifts from Region XV chapters, Cheryl Wassink Couch, Theta Nu, Minnesota State University/Moorhead, and College Chapter Director for Lambda Omicron Chapter at Angelo State University, and Cathy Irvin Painter, Alpha Gamma, University of Alabama, National Vice President of Collegians. All proceeds support Delta Zeta Sorority's educational and leadership programs. Many thanks to all who participated!
The Silent Auction featured 100 items donated by Delta Zeta sisters, friends and Greek-licensed vendors. Spirited bidding raised nearly $7,000 for Delta Zeta Sorority programs. Lucky winners went home with trips to Santa Fe, New Mexico (donated by Trudy Wheeler, Delta Omicron, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, President of the Louisville Alumnae Chapter) and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (donated by Jane Spurgeon, Iota Xi, University of Missouri/St. Louis, Foundation Trustee). Also featured in the auction were beautiful quilts, gorgeous jewelry and fabulous themed baskets along with great DZ items including two Lily Pulitzer bags and a scarf, "Delta," a ceramic turtle, and so much more!
Special thanks to the San Antonio Alumnae Chapter, and especially Chapter President, Brooke Haley, Lambda Xi,
Texas A & M University, for receiving and setting up all of these items. Outstanding job!!
We also recognized our wonderful donors and presented many distinguished donors in attendance with the Ionic Column Pin, recognizing their lifetime support of Delta Zeta through the Foundation:
- For lifetime giving of $3,500: Christi Schneeberger Mayer, Kappa Mu, Shepherd University, National Vice President of New Member Education, Jean Funck Person, Theta Kappa, University of New Orleans, South Central Area Alumnae Director, Diane Stecher, Iota Xi, University of Missouri/St. Louis, National Vice President of Finance, Ellyn Hartung Sewell, Kappa, University of Washington, Greater Seattle Alumnae Chapter President, and Beth Daily Wiley, Alpha Beta, University of Illinois, College Chapter Director for Gamma Nu, Eastern Illinois University.
- For lifetime giving of $7,500: Leslie Evans Williams, Epsilon, Indiana University, National Director, Jeanine Petersen Triplett, Beta Gamma, University of Louisville, National Vice President of Membership, Chris Kolodgie Kern, Iota Xi, University of Missouri/St. Louis, Foundation Director of Development, Cyndi Haugeland Munch, Beta Iota, University of Arizona, San Antonio Alumnae Chapter Treasurer, Heather Jerden Anderson, Iota Psi, University of Texas/Arlington, National Vice President of Alumnae, Cheryl Wassink Couch, Theta Nu, Minnesota State University/Moorhead, College Chapter Director for Lambda Omicron, Angelo State University, Ann Gurley Morrow, Lambda Beta, University of Southern Indiana, Vice President of Administration, and Merry Westbrook Adamcik, Delta Theta, University of Houston, Past National Officer.
- For lifetime giving of $10,000: Judi Jacobs, Kappa Psi, Shippensburg University, College Chapter Director for Theta, The Ohio State University, Phyllis Sundberg Davis, Alpha Gamma, University of Alabama, National Director, Kathi Bray Heatherly, Epsilon Upsilon, University of Central Oklahoma, Past National Officer, and Michelle Albrecht Smith, Alpha Chi, University of California/Los Angeles, National President.
Collegians were also recognized for their support of Delta Zeta through the Foundation! The Gamma Kappa Chapter, Kent State University was recognized with the Heritage Cup for outstanding contributions to the National Historical Museum. The chapter donated over $11,000 to the Museum this past biennium.
In addition, 31 chapters were recognized for 100% participation in the 1902 Loyalty Society Campaign (to see all 31 chapters, click here). Each of these chapters was entered into a drawing for a $1,000 Best Buy gift card – and the winner is... Iota Upsilon Chapter, California State University/Fullerton!
Convention Sponsors helped support the speakers and workshops that added to the Convention experience. Special thanks to:
Platinum Sponsors ($3,000+):
Diamond Sponsors ($10,000+):
Silver Sponsors ($1,000+):
- Alpha Gamma, University of Alabama
- Gamma Kappa, Kent State University
- Beta Xi, Auburn University
General Sponsors ($250+):
- Friend of Delta Zeta
- Theta, The Ohio State University
- A's Unique Design (Greek Licensed Vendor)
- Theta Phi, Old Dominion University
- Region II
- Beta Gamma, University of Louisville
- Christi Schneeberger Mayer
- Omicron Alpha, St. Mary's University
In addition, we had several in-kind donations from vendors to offset Convention costs: Gabriel Group, Digital Pix, Printing Plus and Think Patented.